Tuesday 16 April 2013

Review for Wicked - The Seventh Layer



I must admit that upon reading this book, I found it difficult to get through the flowery descriptions and the style of speech.  Although the main character Sarah/Adonia’s mysterious past has an enchanting way of drawing you in to find out what her secret is.

I was intrigued about the ‘seventh layer’ and enjoyed the book’s explanation of the title and how fundamental it is the story. I will not give away details as I do not want to spoil it but this a pivotal moment in the plot where my opinion changed of the story as a whole.

Reading on I began to feel for the MC and could envision the heartache she had gone through and how she comes to terms with what has gone on previously. I always love that ‘light bulb’ moment when you can emphasise with a character.

No comments:

Post a Comment