Tuesday 16 April 2013

Reviews for Wicked - Fear The Beast Within


Fear the Beast Within – by LR Barrette-Durham & EG Glover

For me this book had a fantastic start. Without giving too much away, it set the story up in a very creative way. The authors have cast a different spin on a werewolf tale that I have not previously read in a book thus far. It is descriptive without it being overly so, my only complaint being the relationship between the main character and her love interest. It happens all so quickly and the relationship felt a little rushed; I would have loved to see more dynamics between the two.

There is a bit of sly humour in this, my favourite being “I think its part of the curse. I know you’re not my territory; I mean, I don’t plan on pissing on you or anything,” he laughed. Which made me chuckle.

Unfortunately, I found the relationship between the two lacking and could not quite warm to them as much as I would like and the sex scenes were a bit much. The history in Romany Gypsies was interesting and that interweaved within the story was a great touch.

For those who love their twilight, might enjoy this story.
http://www.amazon.com/L-R-Barrett-Durham/e/B005P102E8

No comments:

Post a Comment